poi-dev mailing list archives

From Alain FAGOT B√ČAREZ <ABea...@FOR-Scala.IT>
Subject Re: Copying chart
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 23:27:06 GMT
Hi FD,

I think all you need is the following method on XSSFDrawing:

```
    /**
     * Imports the chart from the <code>srcChart</code> into this drawing.
     *
     * @param srcChart
     *            the source chart to be cloned into this drawing.
     * @return the newly created chart.
     * @throws XmlException
     * @throws IOException
     */
    public XSSFChart importChart(XSSFChart srcChart) throws IOException, XmlException {
        CTTwoCellAnchor anchor = ((XSSFDrawing) srcChart.getParent()).getCTDrawing().getTwoCellAnchorArray(0);
        CTMarker from = (CTMarker) anchor.getFrom().copy();
        CTMarker to = (CTMarker) anchor.getTo().copy();
        XSSFClientAnchor destAnchor = new XSSFClientAnchor(from, to);
        destAnchor.setAnchorType(AnchorType.MOVE_AND_RESIZE);
        XSSFChart destChart = createChart(destAnchor);
        destChart.getCTChartSpace().set(srcChart.getCTChartSpace().copy());
        destChart.getCTChart().set(srcChart.getCTChart().copy());
        return destChart;
    }
```

I feel that retrieving the source chart and creating the new destination drawing are better
handled outside.

I will open a PR for code review.

Best regards,
Alain

> On 24 Aug 2018, at 10:50, monnomiznogoud@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi Alain,
>
> I'll paste some test code here. In my work we have a lot of restrictions when it comes
to websites.

> Sorry I don't know how to format this code.
>
> Important: the chartModel.xlsx should contain a chart, preferably with no relations.
After all you need the model to be copied to your report but then you must at least implement
the data source for the chart, maybe also the title, the series names, etc. But the heavy
customization of the chart is already done in the model.

>    //Open chart model file
> 	//My use experience: one chart par xlsx model file, in one sheet. Could be otherwise
of course.
> 	FileInputStream in = new FileInputStream("c:/temp/chartModel.xlsx");
>    XSSFWorkbook srcWB = new XSSFWorkbook(in);
>    XSSFWorkbook destWB = new XSSFWorkbook();
>    XSSFSheet destSH = destWB.createSheet();
>    XSSFDrawing destDR = destSH.createDrawingPatriarch();
>    int sheetNum = 0;
>    XSSFSheet srcSH = srcWB.getSheetAt(sheetNum);
>
>    List<POIXMLDocumentPart> srcRels = srcSH.createDrawingPatriarch().getRelations();
>    for (POIXMLDocumentPart srcRel : srcRels)
>    {
>      if (srcRel instanceof XSSFChart)
>      {
>        XSSFChart srcChart = (XSSFChart) srcRel;
>
> 		//Create chartSpace and chart by parsing source chart
> 	    CTChartSpace chartSpace = ChartSpaceDocument.Factory.parse(srcChart.getPackagePart().getInputStream(),
POIXMLTypeLoader.DEFAULT_XML_OPTIONS).getChartSpace();
> 	    CTChart ctc = chartSpace.getChart();
>
>        //XSSFClientAnchor origAnch = chart.getGraphicFrame().getAnchor();
> 		//Frame is null ! I tried to get anchor using the following:
>        CTMarker from = ((XSSFDrawing) srcChart.getParent()).getCTDrawing().getTwoCellAnchorArray(0).getFrom();
>        CTMarker to = ((XSSFDrawing) srcChart.getParent()).getCTDrawing().getTwoCellAnchorArray(0).getTo();
>        XSSFClientAnchor anchor = new XSSFClientAnchor((int) from.getColOff(), (int) from.getRowOff(),
(int) to.getColOff(), (int) to.getRowOff(), from.getCol(), from.getRow(), to.getCol(), to.getRow());
>        anchor.setAnchorType(AnchorType.MOVE_AND_RESIZE);
>       //Create chart in the destination workbook
>        XSSFChart destChart = destDR.createChart(anchor);
>
> 		//A new XSSFChart constructor is needed maybe. The following 2 lines use reflection
in order to force values for these 2 private variables of XSSFChart