poi-dev mailing list archives

From Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ABea...@FOR-Scala.IT>
Subject Re: Provide alpha releases via Apache repo
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 18:14:18 GMT

> On 7 Sep 2018, at 19:04, Nick Burch <apache@gagravarr.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2018, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Alternatively are we using GitBox so that the repos is on GitHub? If so then they
can fork on GitHub to test.

> We don't use the read/write gitbox, but we do have a github mirror, and IIRC some docs
on the website about forking it there, opening pull requests etc

This was also the way I started to contribute, first testing my changes against my pet project
by local publishing Maven artifacts to my .m2 for a first try.

However, there had been a steep step until I managed to gather all necessary info and… the
will to solve an issue that was already several years on BugZilla.

i don’t remember clearly how all this started… But clearly we could have a one-stop page
with enough details about how to clone from the mirror and run a local install for fast experimentation
of newest features.

My ¢2,
Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ