poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Stadler <dominik.stad...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Provide alpha releases via Apache repo
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 17:23:16 GMT
Hi,

I would first like to understand why the problem with XML Parsing/entity
expansion happened. We do check with various JDK versions and also OpenJDK,
so I assume the user still had Xerces or another XmlParser added via some
other library-dependency.

So the action-item here would be to test with Xerces XML Parser, which I
thought we do at
https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-old-Xerces/, maybe
that is broken somehow since some time. We can look there and fix it.

Regular snapshots in a maven repo would be good for ourselves, as most
committers have their own projects using Apache POI, and at least those
could make use of newer snapshots more easily then.

I would still go with the release as planned, users will handle a major
release with care anyway and wait at least for a 4.0.1 to be "ready".

>From a "cover all supported cases" standpoint I think we are covered quite
well already with all the different builds that we run regularly, let's
first find out what slipped through here and if this is affecting more than
just a few installations.

Dominik.