poi-dev mailing list archives

From Ghazi TRIKI <ghazi.noctu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot repository
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2020 20:22:31 GMT
Hello Andreas,

Thanks for asking !! So yes I did not test the new EMF processing conversion. This is something
were were waiting for 2 years. First I want to to test the conversion to SVG then the conversion
to PNG. However I am facing some issues by the following this example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/PPTX2SVG.txt
. The classes XSLFImageRendener and XSLFRenderingHint cannot be found. Can you please provide
an updated example?

Thank you

On 2020/01/10 16:50:30, Andreas Beeker <kiwiwings@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Ghazi,
>
> I'm actually interested to get feedback to my EMF stuff.
> From your initial mail, I don't know if you actually tested it successfully ... with
this snapshot question it looks like you haven't ...

> You can grab the nightly maven artifacts from:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.8/ws/build/dist/maven/
>
> This probably can't be specified as remote repository, as we don't generate any metadata
files.

> A different way is to fetch the source files and use "ant mvn-install" to install the
artifacts into your local repo.

> If you have any questions about the EMF implemention, please use the mailing list.
> If you have any erroneous rendered EMF files, you can send them to me privately.
>
> Andi
>

> On 10.01.20 17:28, Nick Burch wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Ghazi TRIKI wrote:
> >> I know that the latest snapshot can be downloaded from the official Jenkins.
However I did not find it in any of the online repositories because I would like to use it
on a project. Did I miss a repository where it could be in? Or is there a policy not deploying
snapshots to artifacts repositories?

> > General ASF policy is that snapshots / nightly builds / release candidates etc are
only for testing use by involved community members, and shouldn't be a substitute for a proper
release. So, they are not generally widely published, as per http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc