poi-dev mailing list archives

From Ghazi TRIKI <ghazi.noctu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot repository
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2020 11:03:37 GMT
Hello,

I tried to use the utility class with the following command

java -cp "./poi-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;./poi-ooxml-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;./poi-ooxml-schemas-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;ooxml-lib/curvesapi-1.06.jar;ooxml-lib/xmlbeans-3.1.0.jar;lib/activation-1.1.1.jar;lib/commons-codec-1.13.jar;lib/commons-collections4-4.4.jar;lib/commons-compress-1.19.jar;lib/commons-logging-1.2.jar;lib/commons-math3-3.6.1.jar;lib/jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar.jar;lib/jaxb-core-2.3.0.1.jar;lib/jaxb-impl-2.3.2.jar;lib/junit-4.12.jar;lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar;lib/SparseBitSet-1.2.jar.jar"
"org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG" -format png -slide 2 -outdir . somePowerpoint.pptx

But I got this error

Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG

Any clue?

On 2020/01/13 22:27:22, PJ Fanning <fanningpj@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
> That txt file seems to be out of date.
>
> Would you be able to try PPTX2PNG.java instead?
>

> On Monday 13 January 2020, 21:22:33 GMT+1, Ghazi TRIKI <ghazi.nocturne@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> Thanks for asking !! So yes I did not test the new EMF processing conversion. This is
something were were waiting for 2 years. First I want to to test the conversion to SVG then
the conversion to PNG. However I am facing some issues by the following this example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/PPTX2SVG.txt
. The classes XSLFImageRendener and XSLFRenderingHint cannot be found. Can you please provide
an updated example?

> Thank you
>
> On 2020/01/10 16:50:30, Andreas Beeker <kiwiwings@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi Ghazi,
> >
> > I'm actually interested to get feedback to my EMF stuff.
> > From your initial mail, I don't know if you actually tested it successfully ...
with this snapshot question it looks like you haven't ...

> > You can grab the nightly maven artifacts from:
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.8/ws/build/dist/maven/
> >
> > This probably can't be specified as remote repository, as we don't generate any
metadata files.

> > A different way is to fetch the source files and use "ant mvn-install" to install
the artifacts into your local repo.

> > If you have any questions about the EMF implemention, please use the mailing list.
> > If you have any erroneous rendered EMF files, you can send them to me privately.
> >
> > Andi

However I did not find it in any of the online repositories because I would like to use it
on a project. Did I miss a repository where it could be in? Or is there a policy not deploying
snapshots to artifacts repositories?

> > > General ASF policy is that snapshots / nightly builds / release candidates
etc are only for testing use by involved community members, and shouldn't be a substitute
for a proper release. So, they are not generally widely published, as per http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc