ponymail-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pulse of the project?
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2018 17:25:31 GMT
On 08/05/2018 04:44 PM, John D. Ament wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed there hasn't been much activity around ponymail as of late.  We
> have a report due and lately the reports have been late or barely refined.
> Just wondering if there's any pulse on the project to see if there are
> maintainers available to work on it?
>
> John

I can count at least three people willing to maintain the project (2 of
which I am completely confident), I am not concerned with discovering
and fixing bad issues, and that _has_ been done in a timely manner over
the course of the project's more or less hiatus-like stage. The general
problem seems to be reporting and management. I made the, now obviously
silly, attempt of stepping back a bit and seeing if anyone else would
help out with the secretarial/managerial part of things, clearly that
did not happen and it's time for me to realize that it was not the best
of moves.

So, ....

Elsewhere, we have a query for one or more people stepping in and
helping, and I intend to say 'thank you, please do'.

We also have some sub-projects (new UI and a all-python port) waiting,
and it is my intention that those projects (which have for now just been
a hobby side-project in a personal repo), get pushed into the official
repo under separate branches so more people can work on them.

Thirdly, I'll step up to the plate and get a report written for this
month, and ask around if others are willing to help out in that area. I
have enough secretarial work on my plate to do this in a consistent
manner, so for me it's important to find someone willing to help out
with the community aspects. We have a ton of users, surely we can
convert some of those into people willing to help out with the project.

With regards,
Daniel.