ponymail-dev mailing list archives

From Sharan Foga <sha...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSSION] The Way Forward
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2018 08:13:24 GMT
Hi All

I’d like to start a discussion about how we can move the project forward. We have a few
areas that I think that we need to focus on.

*Housekeeping*
- We need to do a bit of tidy up to ensure our Incubator info is up to date and reflects where
we are in terms of incubation
- We need to take a look at our website, wiki, documentation and other public facing stuff
to make sure it is showing  useful, relevant information that will help people install and
use Ponymail.
- Do we have an issue making releases? The only one I can find is 0.9

*Marketing, Promotion and Community Building*
- Do we have any social media accounts or blogs setup that we could use to help promote what
Ponymail does and is about?
- I think that we do have a lot of users from the various ASF projects so it would be good
to think of a way to connect with them to understand how they are using Ponymail, any issues
they are having and if they have any suggestions for improvement.

The project has been pretty quiet lately so lets see if we can kick start some activity that
will get us out of incubation and graduated! Please feel free to respond with your feedback,
comments and suggestions.

Thanks
Sharan