ponymail-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] The Way Forward
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 11:05:41 GMT
On 09/24/2018 10:13 AM, Sharan Foga wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I’d like to start a discussion about how we can move the project forward. We have a
few areas that I think that we need to focus on.

> *Housekeeping*
> - We need to do a bit of tidy up to ensure our Incubator info is up to date and reflects
where we are in terms of incubation
> - We need to take a look at our website, wiki, documentation and other public facing
stuff to make sure it is showing  useful, relevant information that will help people install
and use Ponymail.
> - Do we have an issue making releases? The only one I can find is 0.9

We have a 0.10 as well, but the release sort of got botched. I have no
real experience doing Apache releases, and I am looking for advice on
how to do it.

> *Marketing, Promotion and Community Building*
> - Do we have any social media accounts or blogs setup that we could use to help promote
what Ponymail does and is about?

We have a twitter account, I think that's about it.

> - I think that we do have a lot of users from the various ASF projects so it would be
good to think of a way to connect with them to understand how they are using Ponymail, any
issues they are having and if they have any suggestions for improvement.

> The project has been pretty quiet lately so lets see if we can kick start some activity
that will get us out of incubation and graduated! Please feel free to respond with your feedback,
comments and suggestions.

Yeah, it has been quiet - I speculate that sebb and I don't have oodles
of time for it right now, and given that a lot of people use it, but
virtually no one contributes to it, we're in a bit of a slump.