From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Servlet 2.2 Spec. and serving files from the WEB-INF directory
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 00:49:17 GMT
Have you tried starting Catalina with the -security option?
It doesn't get very far...
I think Santiago has some experiences that he has documented on this list a
few weeks back.
It would be interesting if we get could Jetspeed running with the Security
Manager.

> I'm definitely +1 for moving the
>
> templates
> cache
> logs

The spec. seems to be open to interpretation.
That said, it does explicity state "No file contained in the WEB-INF
directory may be served directly to a client."
A template does qualify as a file, does it not? Its not a 'static' file, but
imo, we are asking for trouble.

I believe we should try to minimize the grey areas, and move 'cache' and
'templates' out of the WEB-INF directory.
The 'logs' may need to be accessed by administrative users removely.

Im trying to deploy Jetspeed on Weblogic 6.
It deploys so easily, it was like a 'write once, deploy anywhere' dream.
But again it fails to run. I have an open case with Weblogic.
Im still waiting...same as it ever was

- david