From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/webapp/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/layouts/html/de default.jsp
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 18:29:46 GMT
>  Added:       webapp/WEB-INF/templates/jsp/layouts/html/de default.jsp
etc...

Looks like you are going forward with storing JSPs in the WEB-INF directory,
despite the fact that the group has not agreed upon it.
Im not sure what to say about that, except that I believe all votes are
considered equal at Apache.

I also see that you are writing your own implementation of a Templating
Service, and not using Turbine's.
Have you discussed with them our needs for language specific templates?
Do you remember seeing a discussion with Santiago last week, wrt to a common
fallback algorithm?
I was under the impression that we agreed upon having a common fallback
algorithm shared by the profiler and templating services.

Im more than willing to modify the profiler service algorithm to use
directories, or to even use your algorithm.
The *point* is I'd like to see us all work together, and not have two (or
more)implementations of the same service, and different directory layouts.

Perhaps with the new layout impl., there won't be a need for a
directory-based fallback algorithm on profiles.
Im not entirely sure right now, since I haven't seen the default layout
implementation yet from Raphael.
I am guessing that it will store psml in configuration files....but will
these configuration files be per user/media type/language???

- david