From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: NLS in Jetspeed
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 21:31:39 GMT

> OK. I don't have any problems with the proposal. I was just
> pointing the fact that there are also geographical variations.
>  color <--> colour, USD <--> UKP, quatre vingt <--> huitante (spell?)

Yes, I believe the proposal covers that with examples like fr_FR, fr_BE
(Ma femme est belge) quatre vingt dix <--> nonante :)

> huitante (spell?)
Is that fr_CH? Shouldn't that be 'octante'?

> > I will look into factoring out the resource fallback algorithm into a
> > generic fallback service, and also consider directories to delineate NLS
> > resources
>
> If we go for a common "resource" solution, it will actually be
> simpler, as we would use
> the same pattern. I'm 0 on that.

The downside is more subdirectories, which is a pain for site maintenance.
Let me revise the proposal considering a common resource-fallback service.

> BTW, regarding the proposals, I'm lazy, and I would like the proposals
> to be visible from the web site.
>
> When I clean my working copy mess of the new server/permissions, etc. I
> think I will put them under xdocs/proposals (wrapped in <pre></pre> ).
> What do you think?

Im +1 on the relevant proposals, and -1 on any outdated proposals.

- david