From Tom Adams <...@pisoftware.com>
Subject Getting access to a portlet at runtime
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:14:23 GMT
Howdy,

Can anyone tell me how to get access to a portlet at runtime?

I'm writing a portlet (lets call it P) and an admin portlet (lets call
it A) to configure P. When the A changes P's configuration (stored in a
DB), I need to get access to P to let it know that its configuration has
changed. Is it possible to get a reference to the running portlet?

I'm currently guessing I can get at it through the portlet cache, is
this correct?

Cheers,

Tom

--
Tom Adams            | Plugged In Software
Software Engineer    |     +61 7 3876 2188

Fingerprint: 7B49 AB1D 852C A251 787A  5979 12C9 3ADB DD07 A6DC