From Raphaël Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: PSML_02 branch status & new customizer
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 18:02:49 GMT
At 08:16 07/03/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>it would be nice to see psml data storage abstracted away from files.
>sticking personalization
>information into an ldap data source (or db if you are less enlightened
>:o) would not only reduce
>the admin overhead of a 'psml farm', but would make great strides in
>providing a foundation for the
>customization/peronsalization tools that you are looking for.

The new configuration takes this into account.
The external interface between the configuration sub-system and the rest of
Jetspeed will use
a ConfigInfo object (and not a URL) for describing the configuration file
required.

ConfigInfo defines the base attributes which are usable by profiling
systems to select the
appropriate confs, it currently defines:
- config name
- media type
- user
- role
(and we may add possibly other fields like: language, group, etc...)

This ConfigInfo is used by the ConfigStore service to retriveve a
configuration.
Since it's completely device abstracted, a file based ConfigStore can map
the ConfigInfo object to a directory structure and a file name whereas a
LDAP ConfigStore can map to a specific tree context, etc...

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael.luta@networks.groupvu.com
Vivendi Universal Networks - Services Manager / Paris