From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: IFrame portlet code & changes needed to get JSP Layout Mgr+Working customizer
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:47:36 GMT
> > I guess the getContent method could've used a template, perhaps a future
> > enhancement...
> Hmm, I'm not actually sure what you mean here by a template, can you
> explain?

A template as in a JSP or Velocity template.
The getContent() method has hard-coded markup.
Its better to separate content from presentation - thats what the JSPPortlet
or VelocityPortlet are intended to do. You could've extended either one, and
not put the html in the java code
. It also makes it a lot easier to maintain.

> > Btw - please don't use tabs in your editor.
> >
> Will do. Any recommendations on editors? I'm working on a win2k sp 2
system
> and have used gvim, Programmer's notepad, nedit, and Jedit. So far I like
> Jedit best, but I'll have to see if it has a insert spaces instead of  tab
> characters feature. Also is there a convention on # of spaces for
> indentation?

4 spaces
See : http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/code-standards.html
and http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/code-standards.html