From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: creating default.psml
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:25:06 GMT
Hi Java,

I recently checked in some new functionality for the default.psml creation
and a role-based fallback algorithm for finding profiles (PSML).
By not setting 'services.Profiler.newuser.template', no psml is created when
a new user is created, and the user's roles are searched to find the
rquested PSML.

You can read a summary at the bottom of this page (all mods from
2002/02/10):
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/changes.html

Here are the new settings in the JR.p:

  # use Role-based PSML fallback
   services.Profiler.rolefallback=true
  +
  +# When a new user is created, this account's psml is cloned to the new
account psml
  +# Setting this account to nothing configures role-based psml as the
default method for new users
  +services.Profiler.newuser.template=turbine
  +
  +# Media types template to create for user. (comma separated)
  +services.Profiler.newuser.media_types=html,wml
  +
  +# Role(s) to assign to new user.  Multiple Role must be comma separated.
  +services.JetspeedSecurity.newuser.roles=user,tester,researcher

David