From "Ozgur Balsoy" <bal...@grids.ucs.indiana.edu>
Subject RE: opening a file inside portlet
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 01:23:29 GMT
I think you can have a portlet whose content is just the object tag
which uses Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin as an ActiveX control. This
prevents your readers to use Netscape Navigator, though.

This is the syntax:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:CA8A9780-280D-11CF-A24D-444553540000"
WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=450>
  <PARAM NAME="SRC" VALUE="http_ftp_file_etc://somepath/to/pdffile.pdf">
</OBJECT>

I have Acrobat Reader 5.0. I don't know if the class ID is different for
different versions.

Ozgur

-----Original Message-----
From: Java Mails [mailto:avaj_mail@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 8:03 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: opening a file inside portlet

hello!

I have a portlet that has a hyperlink to a pdf file.
When I click on the link it opens a new browser to
display the file.  Is it possible that instead of
opening a file... it will invoke a portlet that would
eventually call on the pdf file and display it?How?

Thanks in adv.

For additional commands, e-mail: