From "Bill Barnhill" <wbarn...@twcny.rr.com>
Subject IFrame portlet code & changes needed to get JSP Layout Mgr+Working customizer
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:05:03 GMT
I've written a new portlet that generates IFRAME content from portlet-entry
InitParams, and I've managed to get the customizer working with the JSP
Layout manager.  The details are below.

I know this is not the proper way to submit changes but I have not found any
instructions on what is the proper procedure besides "submit changes in a
format appropriate for input into the patch command".  I've never
contributed to an Open Source project before, but would like to start.

If someone would like to send me instructions on sumission protocol, I would
be happy to create a web page so they could be found on the Jakarta web site
(unless they're already there and I missed them)

The changes were:

1) A portlet entry whose generated content is an IFRAME element configured
from InitParams. The src, scrolling, frameborder, width, and height
attributes are confurable.  The source code is attached.

2) Use of the JSP Layout manager with a working customizer.  This involved
two separate changes:
a. Replacing
    ...\jakarta-jetspeed\webapp\WEB-INF\templates\jsp\screens\Customize.jsp
    with the attached file of the same name.
b. Appending the following line to JetspeedResources.properties:
  URILookup.customize.uri=/portal/action/controls.Customize?reset=on

I've attached the IFramePortlet source code, and the new Customize.jsp.

Please let me know if these are acceptable for committing, and if not then
what needs to be different.

Thanks,
Bill Barnhill