From Brian Pedersen <basetar...@yahoo.dk>
Subject Users and Groups
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:36:59 GMT
Hi

I have just installed Apache Jetspeed 1.3a2 under Tomcat 4.0.2.
It seems like a really cool framework, with lots of improvements since the last
version i've seen.

I have two major problems though:

1) I cant associate Users with Groups from the security pane, when logged in as
'admin' ?

2) I cant seem to figure out how to obtain information through the runData
interface about the current users Security Roles.

I have tried obtaining user-information by casting the 'runData' parameter from
the 'getContent(RunData runData)' method in my portlet into
'org.apache.jetspeed.services.rundata.JetspeedRunData' and calling
'.getProfile().getXXX()' on it, but this gives the strangest results like
'.getLanguage()' returning the String : 'Anonymous' and '.getName()' returning
the String : 'default.psml' ?

Also, it seems denying a user the permission to minimize, has no effect at all,
he can still minimize the portlets ?

I have read the 'Portlet Howto', but it is only half finished and has lots of
black holes.

I hope you can help me.
It is essential to my project to be able to associate Users with Groups, and
check their associated Security Roles/Groups from within my code.

Regards
Brian Pedersen