From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/xdocs config_guide.xml
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:03:06 GMT
alex wrote:

> At 23:35 27/02/2002, taylor@apache.org wrote:
>
>> taylor      02/02/27 15:35:33
>>
>>   Modified:    xdocs    config_guide.xml
>>   Log:
>>

> Why are these messages destined for the cvs list ending up being sent
> out to the developers mailing list?
> I'm confused.

cvs list is just an alias for the dev list. Developers should be
interested in changes in code :). It is like this in the whole
jakarta.apache.org. I'm not sure about the other Apache projects.

You can just filter messages starting with "cvs commit:" to Trash. I
filter them to a separate folder, where I review them and erase them.

It is very useful to be able to review what other people is committing
before I update my working copy.