From "Thomas Schaeck" <SCHA...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Portlet API 2
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:02:44 GMT

JSR 168 is in a very early phase right now.

As you can see at http://jcp.org/jsr/detail/168.jsp, the JSR is intended to
cover the same basic concepts as the JetSpeed Portlet API 2, but probably
will get a broader scope.

The JetSpeed community voted to support standardization of the Portlet API
in the Java Community Process a while ago, Apache is represented on the
expert group for JSR 168.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Schaeck
Architect, WebSphere Portal Server
IBM Pervasive Computing Division
Phone: +49-(0)7031-16-3479   Mobile: +49-(0)171-6928407   e-mail:
schaeck@de.ibm.com   Fax: +49-(0)7031-16-4888
Address: IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032
Boeblingen, Germany

Howard Wong <hwong@sybase.com> on 02/05/2002 03:57:54 AM

Please respond to "Jetspeed Developers List"
      <jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org>