From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Maven2 Build Status
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:55:50 GMT
watler@wispertel.net wrote:
> I have added some new capabilities to the Maven2 build. Here is an outline
> of the current commands:
>
> mvn clean
> mvn -P [test][,min]
> mvn -P tomcat,[test],[,min][,nodb]
> mvn -P tomcat,hot,[test],[min]
>
> where:
>
> clean = clean build
> test = build with component tests
> min = minimum pages/portlet apps build
> nodb = skip production db update
> hot = hot deploy components, applications, or portal content
>
> It is starting to get there... at last!
>
> Randy

Excellent! Looks very straight forward and easy to understand.
I like that there is a specific deployment profile for Tomcat.
The Maven-1 build was Tomcat-centric.
We can later write profiles for Geronimo, Jetty...very cool.

IMO, we need to support the 'genapp' use case, because that is what we
all use with Maven-1 to configure and maintain a customized portal.

Could you briefly explain how Maven-2 can be applied to solve the
genapp use case?
Also, if users want to use Ant to genapp, would that be possible?