From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject registry proxies
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 23:03:07 GMT
I'd like to change all the Registry proxy collection settings to

proxy="false"

specifically for the collections:

1. displayNames
2. languageSet
3. contentTypes
4. parameterSet
5. securityRoleRefSet

This enables true transactional support for all database activity. With
proxied, lazy-loaded collections, we are having database access slipping
through our DAO-controlled Spring transactions behaviors. This defeats
the purpose of things like connection failover and interception-based
failovers in general.

Im a little rusty on my OJB, as Ive been using Hibernate all week.
Is there a reason to not use this kind of collection auto loading?:

         auto-delete="true"
         auto-update = "true"
         auto-retrieve = "true"
         proxy="false"