From Mikko Wuokko <Mikko.Wuo...@evtek.fi>
Subject Re: Jetspeed + xwiki
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:50 GMT
Hi.

Few days ago I struggled with the same thing and got it somehow working.
After some tracing I figured that the problem is in class
com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils on line around 204 (not sure about the exact line)

204: URL url = XWiki.getRequestURL(request);

The real problem is that the getRequestURL method in XWiki class is
using some servlet specific method like getQueryString, which will give
a null pointer exception. They are not catched over there (because they
shouldn't give any error as a servlet) and will cause the whole
XWikiPortlet class to render incorrectly. As a workaround hack I
replaced this previous line I mentioned with

URL url;

try {
	url = new URL("http://localhost:8080");
	System.out.println("CREATED URL = "+url.toString());

         context.setURL(url);
         // Push the URL into the Log4j NDC context
         MDC.put("url", url);
} catch (MalformedURLException e) {
	// TODO Auto-generated catch block
	e.printStackTrace();
}

Probably it doesn't still work correctly, but atleast you can see the
wiki and all the links work too. User handling and login stuff I weren't
able to figure out. Need still much development.

And yes, I used the latest trunk version from the SVN

Hope this helps.

-Mikko

chandra sekhar wrote:
> Hi group,
>    I am trying to deploy xwiki-0.9.536.war into Jetspeed-2 i have deployed it in jetspeed/deploy
folder. and ran "maven allClean allBuild" and quickstart, its deploying the war in tomcat/webapps.But
when i open the Portal its shows the following error in the xWiki Portlet. Can any one tell
me what could the problem be. If anyone has instructions as to how to deploy XWiki in Jetspeed-2
as a portlet, can u please send me the link.