From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jetspeed + xwiki
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 07:33:36 GMT
For your info, I've notified the XWiki team of the issue since it seems
to be more Xwiki related that Jetspeed related.

I think the Xwiki lists/forums are probably where you'll find a correct
and comprehensive fix for this issue.

-- raphael

chandra sekhar wrote:
> Hi Mikko,
>   I made that specific change u suggested, but its throwing the same error. Can any one
please tell me how we can deploy xwiki as a portlet  in Jetspeed portal. any suggestions are
welcome.

>   Thank you,
>   Chandra Shekar.
>
>   ERROR:-
>  Cannot create Portlet instance com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiPortlet for Portlet Application
xwiki-0.9.845

> Mikko Wuokko <Mikko.Wuokko@evtek.fi> wrote:
>   Hi.
>
> Few days ago I struggled with the same thing and got it somehow working.
> After some tracing I figured that the problem is in class
> com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils on line around 204 (not sure about the exact line)
>
> 204: URL url = XWiki.getRequestURL(request);
>
> The real problem is that the getRequestURL method in XWiki class is
> using some servlet specific method like getQueryString, which will give
> a null pointer exception. They are not catched over there (because they
> shouldn't give any error as a servlet) and will cause the whole
> XWikiPortlet class to render incorrectly. As a workaround hack I
> replaced this previous line I mentioned with
>
> URL url;
>
> try {
> url = new URL("http://localhost:8080");
> System.out.println("CREATED URL = "+url.toString());
>
> context.setURL(url);
> // Push the URL into the Log4j NDC context
> MDC.put("url", url);
> } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
> // TODO Auto-generated catch block
> e.printStackTrace();
> }
>
> Probably it doesn't still work correctly, but atleast you can see the
> wiki and all the links work too. User handling and login stuff I weren't
> able to figure out. Need still much development.
>
> And yes, I used the latest trunk version from the SVN
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> -Mikko
>
> chandra sekhar wrote:
>
>>Hi group,
>>I am trying to deploy xwiki-0.9.536.war into Jetspeed-2 i have deployed it in jetspeed/deploy
folder. and ran "maven allClean allBuild" and quickstart, its deploying the war in tomcat/webapps.But
when i open the Portal its shows the following error in the xWiki Portlet. Can any one tell
me what could the problem be. If anyone has instructions as to how to deploy XWiki in Jetspeed-2
as a portlet, can u please send me the link.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/