From <anand.kulka...@e-zest.net>
Subject Deploy Jetspeed-2.1 in Tomcat-5.5.17
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

I have installed JS-2.1 successfully. Now, I want to plug JS-2.1 container into Tomcat 5.5.17.

So, I went to \jetspeed-2.1\webapps\. Here I should find jetspeed.war file and jetspeed folder.
But I found only jetspeed folder into webapps. So, converted this webapps/jetspeed folder
into jetspeed.war file.

I copied this jetspeed.war file and placed it into Tomcat5.5.17\webapps.

Now, if I start Tomcat and visit http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal, it should display
me the jetspeed home page. But I got the error:

> FATAL: Jetspeed: init() failed:
> java.lang.InstantiationError:
> org.apache.jetspeed.JetspeedActions

The above process used to work successfully into JS-2.0, then what happened in JS-2.1?

Can somebody tell me how to deploy Jetspeed-2.1 inside Tomcat-5.5.17?

regards,

Anand