From "Boyce, Keith Garry" <KeithGarry.Bo...@bcbsma.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Spring Configuation
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:17:31 GMT

I suggest the following which I have used successfully for a while.
Rather than a particular solution it offers an integration point with
different configuration engines.
http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=12271

I use it with jconfig.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:27 PM
To: jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org
Subject: [RT] Spring Configuation

Just sitting in Ate's and David's presentation about Jetspeed I had the
feeling that the stuff you did for Spring configurations (like
overriding etc.) is similar to something we did in the Cocoon project.

We have there a Spring configurator which is absolutely independent of
Cocoon and provides support for property handling (we call settings),
overwriting of configurations, automatic configuration etc.

See here for some documentation:
http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/configuration/1.0/spring-configurat
or/1.0/1304_1_1.html

Now, although the project is current hosted at Cocoon it has a much more
common nature. This is just an idea out of my head, but perhaps we could
work on a common configurator which is then used by several projects at
Apache? This would make the live of users perhaps a little bit easier as
they can apply the configuration knowledge for several projects.

This does not imply that I want to force Jetspeed to use our Cocoon
stuff, of course.

WDYT?

PS: Don't expect an answer from me in the next three weeks as I'm on
vacation, but I wanted to throw this in now :)

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

This message is a PRIVATE communication.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy
or use it and do not disclose it to others.  Please notify the
sender of the delivery error by replying to this message and then
delete from your system.  Thank you.