From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Spring Configuation
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:47:33 GMT
Okay, it seems that noone else has done these things already. At least I
haven't found/seen any other examples.

As a starting point I would like to extend the Cocoon Spring
configurator (CSC) with the below described logic. The CSC does already
half of the required stuff (property and overwrite handling), so I think
it makes sense to add the missing piece.
As I already said, the CSC is hosted at Cocoon because this is the place
where it all started. We can move it to whereever we think it needs to
be *and* we can replace the search directory path "cocoon/something"
with something more general.
I hope everyone is fine with this for now?

Ok, currently the CSC reads properties from
META-INF/cocoon/properties and META-INF/cocoon/properties/{runningMode}

The CSC reads spring bean definitions from
META-INF/cocoon/spring/*.xml and META-INF/cocoon/spring/{runningMode}*.xml

It also reads overwrite definitions from
META-INF/cocoon/spring/*.properties and
META-INF/cocoon/spring/{runningMode}*.properties

I propose to add the following:
We define a rule based language - we can either use existing rules
implementations or create our own (xml) based one.
The basic idea is to start with named rules that can test properties and
include bean definitions.
I would start with a simple xml based config file for these rules. The
CSC reads the rules from

META-INF/cocoon/spring/*.xrules and
META-INF/cocoon/spring/{runningMode}*.xrules

As the rules have a name (unique identifier) it's possible to overwrite
them inside the running mode specific configuration files.

The rules itself have include directives that can include spring bean
files from any available path (classpath etc.)

WDYT?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler