From "Vitaly Baranovsky" <vitaly.baranovsk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems while installing JETSPEED2 with MSSQL.
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:08:52 GMT
Hi, Aravind!

There is two JIRA records about your problem:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-838
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-812
Take a look at them.

Problem is scripts for MS SQL generation doesn't work correctly,
because MS SQL doesn't allows cascade deletion of tree structures
stored in one table.

In JS2-838 I've just drop this triggers, so there isn't server
integrity check of tree structures. It's workaround, but it works ok.
You can get this scripts for creation database schema instead of
default installer realisation.
JS2-812 is full solution of this problem. You have to use MS SQL
scripts in trunk instead of default installer realisation.

2008/7/10 Aravind <aravindkathiroju@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I was trying to install JETSPEED2 with MSSQL.
> I have successfully connected to data base, but when the installer is
> running Database Scripts i got this error.
>
> c:\Apache\JetSpeed-2.1.3\database\build.xml:149 java.SQLException :
> Introducing ForeinKEY contraint 'FK_PREFS_NODE_1' on table 'PREFS_NODE'  may
> cause cycles or multiple cascade paths. Specify ON DELETE No ACTION or  ON
> Modifcation NO ACTION or Modify other foreign contraints
>
> I have also tried changing the constraint by adding ON DELETE NO ACTION and
> the other one but.. I think it is not using the changed Script.(I think
> Every Time it is installing the scripts and using them).
> please provide me solution.

With best regards,
Vitaly Baranovsky