From bhardage <bhard...@harding.edu>
Subject Re: Problem with preferences when upgrading Java with Jetspeed 2.0
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:26:59 GMT

David Sean Taylor-3 wrote:

> The preferences are a little more involved than a few property files.
> Best I can do is recommend staying on Java 1.4 or 1.5 for the 2.0
> release, or migrating to a newer release. Guess I could load up the
> old 2.0 release and see for myself what is going wrong on Java 1.6 if
> using Java 1.6 and Jetspeed 2.0 is absolutely critical for you....

Well, the problem is that the customer for whom this application is being
modified understands what Java is, just because it's something he knows has
to be installed before the application. He's a little fuzzier with Jetspeed,
since it's built into the application, and upgrading it probably won't show
any visible changes.

I don't think it'll be a problem upgrading Jetspeed as far as he's concerned
if that's what it takes to fix the Java problem (and it really needs to be
upgraded eventually anyway). So, I guess I just need to bite the bullet and
upgrade Jetspeed.

As far as you looking at Jetspeed 2.0/Java 1.6 to see what the problem is,
it's unnecessary. I mean part of me really wants to know what the problem
was, but it's not worth the time.

Thanks again for all your help.

B.J.