From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: ccpp implementation?
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:07:55 GMT
On Dec 10, 2009, at 10:25 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> I've been working to get pluto running under osgi in geronimo (with
> a lot of success) and one of the issues is about ccpp support.
>
> Geronimo/pluto needs a ccpp spec jar that is an osgi bundle.  I
> can't understand the licensing on the ccpp api jar from sun well
> enough to figure out if we can repackage it as a bundle so I just
> reimplemented the api classes from the javadoc.
>
> I see there's some discussion about ccpp over here...
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-957
>
> I was wondering if there's been any progress on this.... I suspect
> if geronimo wants to release the spec jar we might need an
> implementation to test.  What is js2 using now?

No progress and its unassigned. Guess CCPP aren't high on our priority
list at the moment

> ccpp download page that leads to the license:
>
> http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr188/index.html
> (click "continue" button, follow link to license info)

Its from the community process, a JSR.... you would think it is
compatible. I clicked on the link and it had a lot of copyright Sun
Microsystems wording. Sounds like we should send the license to the
Apache Legal list...