From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Not be able to log in
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 17:15:01 GMT
On 03/05/2010 01:21 PM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I found that new compilation of the system does not log in for me. David
> said that it work for him
> but I cannot find the way to make it work.
>
> It logs in. It returns true on log in. But nothing happens in the page
> and still puts the box to log in.
I understand from David this issue you have came right after my commit for fixing JS2-1075,
JS2-1076.

> It appears to be something like cookies but it's not. Because I tried
> different browsers.
My changes didn't have anything to do in that area. Only "fix" I committed was ensuring XSS
attacks (e.g. script injection in the login
input field) are prevented.

> I'm just getting crazy with this issue. Recompiled, wipped jetspeed
> database, reinstalled but nothing
> changes.
>
> You can try here...
>
> http://95.16.228.66:8080/jetspeed/portal/
>

> Any clue on this will be welcome... I ran out of ideas...
Well, I can't reproduce your error here.
My first suggestion is to do a proper svn update and *then* clean/install/deploy again.
Potentially, you might have hit an intermediate (SNAPSHOT) update in the middle of your build.
To be sure this is not the cause of it, just try the above first.

If the problem however remains, you should be looking at the logfile, both jetspeed.log *and*
catalina.out (or your console output, however
you start Tomcat).
You might also want to configure the log4j.xml (under /portal/WEB-INF/classes) to log everything
in DEBUG mode to ensure you'll catch any
possible message.
The JAAS loginmodule will throw an error message to the (server) console as well. It might
tell you if something is broken or corrupted in
the process.

Ate