portals-jetspeed-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Planning jetspeed-2.2.2, pluto-2.0.3, bridges-script-2.0 and several apa-*-1.2 releases
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:36:06 GMT
(note: moved this response to jetspeed-dev@ as I don't think it concerns pluto-dev@)

On 09/20/2011 07:55 AM, David Taylor wrote:
> Ate, I thought you were planning on updating the LDAP documentation
> before releasing 2.2.....

Hi David,

Yes, that has been my intention, but so far I haven't been able to allocate time 
for this yet. And as none of our customers are waiting for this either, it has 
to come out of my own personal time.
As a voluntary task I need to balance that against other responsibilities and 
currently there are simply too many other things taking precedence.

That is unsatisfactory of course, definitely for me as well, but it is how 
things work with voluntary contributions.

I still do intent to pick this up but I can't and won't make specific promises 
anymore for when it will be done.

Concerning the jetspeed 2.2.2 release, the LDAP integration certainly is a nice 
feature, but as said we don't have any customers waiting for this documentation, 
while there is a need for the new Jetspeed release.

Woonsan already got the portal-bridges-script-2.0 release vote going (should be 
completed today I think) and I initiated the release for pluto-2.0.3 late last 

The next phase will be the release preparation for the apa-* modules and 
thereafter sometimes next week the final release for jetspeed.

However, there are still a few issues open on Jetspeed for which it is unclear 
to me how/when these can be resolved or else moved to the next version.
As 3 of those are currently assigned to you, can you provide some indication for 

Finally, we need one last but required improvement for the jetspeed-installer: 
dynamically configuring the Jetspeed admin and Tomcat manager/deployer account 
passwords at install time. Currently these are hard-coded and thereby pose a 
potential security risk which we should fix before this release.
I'll create a separate JIRA issue for it later today.



> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Ate Douma<ate@douma.nu>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'd like to prepare a plan for a jetspeed 2.2.2 release shortly, including
>> releases for other portal projects which it depends upon, which are:
>> - j2-admin-2.2.2
>> - pluto-2.0.3
>> - portal-bridges-script-2.0
>> - apa-webcontent-1.2
>> - apa-rss-1.2
>> - apa-dbbrowser-1.2
>> - apa-demo-1.2
>> For all the above projects, there are some JIRA issues still open/unresolved
>> on these specific versions, so these either need to be finished shortly, or
>> otherwise bumped to a next version when possible.
>> Issues to address:
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APA-38 (Woonsan Ko)
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-901 (unassigned, David Taylor)
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1052 (Randy Watler)
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1100 (David Taylor)
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1169 (unassigned, Woonsan Ko)
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1196 (David Taylor)
>>   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1197 (David Taylor)
>>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1255 (unassigned, Ate Douma)
>> So we have currently two unassigned issues to address, and 6 others
>> assigned.
>> If someone assigned to one of these issues has a difficult to resolve it but
>> still think it is critical to be included for this release, please speak up
>> so we can discuss and possible reassign it.
>> Concerning the release themselves: I think we could start with preparing
>> release candidates for pluto-2.0.3 and portal-bridges-script-2.0 shortly
>> (say next week) if nobody objects or has other pending tasks to address
>> them.
>> For the bridges-script in particular I'd like to ask Woonsan if he can do a
>> last review of the changes as most in this module are his, in particular
>> validating the appropriate notice and license attributions are provided.
>> For pluto-2.0.3 there have been very little changes, only bug fixes, so we
>> should be pretty good to go for that one, but I'd like the input and OK from
>> Eric Dalquist on that one first as well.
>> And once APA-38 has been resolved, I think we should be good to start the
>> release for the above apa-* modules as well, for which I propose we bundle
>> those in a single release step (and thus vote). As these have no other
>> interdependencies with other release candidates, we should be able to start
>> with that ASAP as well.
>> Which leaves the jetspeed and j2-admin release candidates.
>> For these I'd like to have a concrete plan (or even resolution) to wrap up
>> the remaining issues hopefully sometime end of next week?
>> If all the above works out fine it would be my goal to start with the then
>> only remaining release steps for jetspeed 2.2.2 by Monday September 26th
>> (week 39).
>> Note: this assumes that all the other dependent releases have been finished
>> *and* accepted before this date!
>> With kind regards,
>> Ate

To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@portals.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@portals.apache.org

View raw message