portals-portalapps-dev mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Apache Portals Web Content Application 2.x Proposal
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 14:25:37 GMT
Hi Folks,

I've finished the implementation and documentation for this proposal.
You can already see the new documentation site of Web Content 2 here:
- http://portals.apache.org/applications/webcontent2/index.html

As you can see, I added a "Coming Soon" balloon there because it's not released yet.

>From the original proposal ( https://wiki.apache.org/portals/Applications/WebContentProposal
), I think everything was already done except of 3-9. I excluded it intentionally because
apa-webcontent-2 is designed to be a framework now, being very extensible already, and so
it can be easily done in real projects using the module.

The site documentation already contains a lot of information including architectural designs,
module descriptions, configurations, customization methods, javadocs and so on.
So, please feel free to review the documentation and code and let us know if there's anything
to ask or remark.

Best,

Woonsan

List <jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org>
>Sent: Friday, March 7, 2014 12:40 PM
>Subject: Apache Portals Web Content Application 2.x Proposal
>

>Hi Folks,
>

>I posted an idea to refactor apa-webcontent a while ago [1] and promised to write down
a proposal/plan in a portals wiki page. I don't know why, but I can't add a wiki page in https://wiki.apache.org/portals/Applications
at the moment. So, could someone allow me to add a page there? (I'm getting "You are not allowed
to edit this page." when creating an empty page.)

>Anyway, I'm writing down a brief proposal including objectives, tasks and possible plans
here. Please review it and let me know if you have any further questions. (As soon as I get
consensus on this, I'll try to create a wiki page and JIRA tickets to proceed.)

>-----
>

>Apache Portals Web Content Application 2.x Proposal
>
>1. Objectives
>  - Reverse proxy module to be runnable in both portlet env and servlet (non-portlet)
env
>  - Easier and more flexible content rewriting module
>  - More intuitive reverse proxy mapping configuration
>  - More componentized module structure and usage of an IoC container
>  - More extensible SSO integration support
>  - Other possible extensibility (e.g, to support custom ESI processing component)
>
>2. Assumptions
>  - 2.0 may break backward compatibility in both code and configuration
>
>3. Tasks
>  3.1. Branching apa-webcontent-1.x and use trunk for 2.x.
>  3.2. Maven project restructuring
>    - content-rewriter : content rewriting module decoupled with
portlet-api
>    - reverse-proxy : reverse proxy module decoupled with portlet-api
>    - portlets : portlet classes
>    - war : (portlet) web application
>  3.3. Change package name structure (org.apache.portals.application.webcontent2.**)
>  3.4. Componentizing reverse proxy module
>    - use spring framework or anything else as dependency injection?
>  3.5. Improve reverse proxy mapping configuration
>    - consider using YAML instead of properties file
>  3.6. Designing Content Rewriter module and evaluating 3rd party solutions (e.g, htmlcleaner)
>  3.7. Implementing Content Rewriter module with componentization
>  3.8. Evaluating open (de facto) SSO standards/technologies to possibly integrate
>  3.9. Provide external SSO integration API with an example
>  3.10. Considering other possible
extensibility