From Masumi Ito <mas-...@mb.infosnow.ne.jp>
Subject Confirmation about portlet application and portlet
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:28:00 GMT
Hi, All.
There are several points I want to confirm about portlet
application and portlet.

1. Can we include a number of portlets in one portlet
application?
If possible, these portlets can share same session with cookie
initialized per group(portlet application). And then it
seems that deployment working of portlet is carried out not per
portlet but per portlet application, so by just once installing
a portlet application in Tomcat, WSRP Producer can
expose multi-portlets included in it as WSRP portlets.
(In this case, these can be different kinds of portlets.)

2. If 1. is possible, all of these portlets' meta infomation
need to be written anywhere.  Portlet.xml corresponds to this
in JSR168 Spec.
Well, should we prepare portlet.xml files as many as the
number of portlets included in the portlet application?
Or prepare a portlet.xml file and write many meta-info about
them in it?

3. If both 1. and 2. are OK, can a portlet call for other
portlets included in the same portlet application with same
session shared?
If so, we can make portlet application utilizing coordination
between portlets.

Thanks.

Masumi