From stephen chi zhang <schizh...@viator.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible and feasible to install wsrp4j on other jsp/servlet engine rather than having on tomcat?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:08:12 GMT
Julie MacNaught wrote:

> I don't know anything about resin.  WSRP4J is a web service that
> requires Axis.   The Axis jars are included in our build.   Axis
> provides a servlet that does all the work of translating the SOAP
> request (web service invocation request) into method calls on the
> WSRPEngine java class.
> You might want to try installing Axis separately and make sure it
> works on resin.
>
> stephen chi zhang wrote:
>
>> Is it possible and feasible to install wsrp4j on other jsp/servlet
>> engine rather than having on tomcat?
>> WSRP4J is running with no problem on  my tomcat, however, I wanna
>> install wsrp4j on resin rather than tomcat. I have tried every
>> possilble i can think of to install and configure wsrp4j on resin and
>> fail to achieve anything so far. Could someone tell me if it is not
>> possible to have wsrp4j on resin unless I modify wsrp4j's source code
>> and rebuild it?
>>
>> anyone, everyone who konws that, please help
>>
>> --
>> www.viator.com
>>

> --
> www.viator.com

Axis itselt has no problem running on resin as I have tested it separatly.
The vital point is that unlike tomcat, getServiceDescription( ) on resin
is not working properly with everytime returning a null pointer,
detailed message is below:
<soapenv:Envelope>
-    <soapenv:Body>
-     <soapenv:Fault>
        <faultstring>java.lang.NullPointerException</faultstring>
   <detail/>
</soapenv:Fault>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

 From your reply I can tell wsrp4j does not hardcode any tomcat stuff,
so that would some problem else such as configuration. Resin, like
tomcat, has a webapps directary where  my axis(I installed separatly for
test), wsrp(wsrp4j producer) and pluto are located.

any further point is appriecaited, cheers

--
www.viator.com