From Julie MacNaught <jma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Solo window
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:22:58 GMT
A few words about the relationship between WSRP and JSR168:

WSRP defines a web services interface between a Consumer (portal) and
Producer (portlet host).  It says nothing about the implementation of
Consumers or Producers or Portlets.  JSR168 is an API between Portlets
and a Container.

So Pluto is an example of a JSR168 container, which means
JSR168-compliant portlets can be hosted there.  So, if you want to use a
portlet hosted by a WSRP Producer in a JSR168 container, you use the
Proxy Portlet.  This is a JSR168-compliant portlet that will make web
service calls to a portlet hosted on a remote WSRP Producer.

So you can't really use the solo window state if you are using a JSR168
container, because there is no way to get the container to tell the
portlet to have a solo window state.

If you write your own Consumer, then you can use the solo window state
like any other window state.