From Diego Louzán <diegolou...@metalicana.org>
Subject Re: non portlet producer/consumer
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:07:31 GMT
     WSRP4J uses on the producer side Pluto code, but this is to be able
to expose portlets to the consumers. You create a JSR-168 compliant
portlet packed in a .war application and then you deploy it to WSRP4J
(using Pluto). Then WSRP4J's WSRP implementation links WSRP consumer
requests to portlet container requests. You do not use Pluto Portal on
the producer side, but you DO NEED a portlet container, as WSRP4J is a
Java implementation of WSRP specification. How do you intend to pack
portlet applications in the producer side, then? You could use your own
packaging system, but you would need to rewrite the entire management
system provided by Pluto for portlets.
     As I mentioned earlier, you do not need a JSR-168 portlet container
to be able to use WSRP, but you need a way to deploy portlets, and
WSRP4J uses a JSR-168 portlet container to achieve this: Pluto.

Diego.

Vardhan, Puneet wrote:
> Thanks Diego. My question still is can I create a WSRP Producer and configure it with
WSRP4J. However on the producer side I don't want to use Pluto or any other portlet container.

> It seems from your reply that I can do the above and still be WSRP compliant. But my
question is can I achieve it using WSRP4J?