From "Vardhan, Puneet" <vard...@ugs.com>
Subject RE: non portlet producer/consumer
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:41:04 GMT
Thanks Diego. My question still is can I create a WSRP Producer and configure it with WSRP4J.
However on the producer side I don't want to use Pluto or any other portlet container.

It seems from your reply that I can do the above and still be WSRP compliant. But my question
is can I achieve it using WSRP4J?
-Puneet

-----Original Message-----
From: Diego Louzán [mailto:diegolouzan@metalicana.org]
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 3:54 AM
To: wsrp4j-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: non portlet producer/consumer

I don't know what you mean with a «portlet producer». If you mean a Java
producer JSR-168 compliant (Portlet Specification), the answer is "yes". The
WSRP producer can be any system that complies to WSRP specification, ranging
from a .NET portal server to any LAMP server. It only has to serve WSRP
requests according to WSRP specification. For instance, there's a commercial
product for .NET that implements a WSRP consumer & producer, and I've heard
that Microsoft is developing a WSRP toolkit for .NET.

Regards.
Diego.