From Diego Louzán <diegolou...@metalicana.org>
Subject Re: Installing the Proxy Portlet
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:00:18 GMT
     You have to deploy a portal distribution (I'm testing with Pluto Portal).
Then, you deploy inside it the proxyportlet. If you use Pluto Portal, you have
to edit the files pageregistry.xml and portletentityregistry.xml. The former
specifies the page layout. In the latter you have to create a proxyportlet
instance with wsrp_producer_id and wsrp_portlet_handle preferences configured
for each remote portlet you are going to consume.
    Next, you can add a producer file in
proxyportlet/WEB-INF/persistence/producers for each producer you use (with
identifier same as wsrp_producer_id used before). If you deploy the producer in
localhost, you don't have to do anything, because there's already a file
pointing to localhost
(org.apache.wsrp4j.consumer.driver.ProducerImpl@wsrp4j-8081.xml).
    Then, you deploy the wsrp producer and configure the file
provider/pluto/war/WEB-INF/data/portletentityregistry.xml with the portlet
handles you used in Pluto's portletentityregistry.xml, as those are the
portlets exposed by the producer.

Regards.
Diego.