From Diego Louzán <diegolou...@metalicana.org>
Subject Re: HelloWorld
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:27:07 GMT
     Mmm, don't know exactly what do you want. There are two posibilities:

* If you mean creating a new WSRP Producer implementation, this is way more
complicated than you explain. The communication between the Consumer and
Producer is through SOAP protocol, so in the Producer you have to configure a
SOAP receiver (in WSRP4J is Axis) that decodes the xml communication to actual
calls on the Java classes. The class that receives this calls is, as you
mention, the WSRPEngine, which in turn, delegates them to the implementation
you are giving (the pluto implementation classes in WSRP4J). You should
implement a new producer and register it in configuration files (mainly you
would have to edit producer/war/WEB-INF/classes/WSRPServices.properties in
WSRP4J cvs distribution).

* If you mean deploying the WSRP4J Producer in a web container to expose some
portlets and then configure the WSRP4J ProxyPortlet as a Consumer in a portal
implementation, then you can follow the very excellent instructions given by
Warwick Bailey in another post of this thread. This alternative is much easier. :-)

     As you mention, there's a Producer interface in package
org.apache.wsrp4j.consumer, but this is an interface to track the different
Producers a Consumer can be attached in a given moment (it's easy to understand
that a consumer can be consuming resources from different producers). In the
producer package there isn't a Producer interface because there is only one
producer: the implementation you are giving. You should take a look to
ProxyPortlet code to understand this.

Regards.
Diego.