From Rickard Öberg <rick...@dreambean.com>
Subject Broken CVS and an unfrequently asked question
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 05:15:04 GMT
Dear list,

This is my first day of trying to seriously use WSRP4J, and I have
stumbled upon some questions that I'm not sure about.

* A "cziegler" has committed generated SOAP implementations which does
not have any delegation code, i.e. all they do is "return null;",
whereas the version before it had delegating calls to WSRPEngine. Adding
those calls back makes it work. Question: have I done something wrong in
the build process which is supposed to magically fix the generated
files, or are they indeed wrong?

* The FAQ says that this code should work on any portal implementation.
I've tried using the proxy portlet in our own portal code and once I got
past the above issues it immediately crashed, and looking into the code
it has explicit dependencies on Pluto, i.e. there's no way it would ever
work outside of Pluto. Is the FAQ incorrect, or is the dependency on
Pluto a bug?

I have many other minor and major issues with the code, but these are
the two blockers for me so far. Any comments would be appreciated.

regards,
   Rickard