From "Paul ANDERSON" <paul.ander...@wataniya-algerie.com>
Subject Interop with MS Sharepoint proxy web part
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:12:01 GMT
Hi,

I've managed to get WSRP4J working nicely with JSF portlets and nabh
MVCPortlets, using Liferay's WSRP proxy portlet.

My major aim is to get it working behind MS Sharepoint portal server via
an open source WSRP proxy web part.

The web part seems not to supply ClientData in some requests, and the
WSRP spec seems to say this is optional.

I noticed a recent fix to the WSRP4J consumer portlet that creates
ClientData (user agent) if none is defined in xml.

I had to comment out the checking of the ClientData parameter in the
WSRP4J server since the server still assumes ClientData is there.

No idea if this has deeper implications (key for storing data or
whatever) but at least WSRP now works between the two endpoints now.

If there are no other implications, maybe a committer would like to do
this in the official WSRP4J sources.

I also found that MVCPortlet needs a hidden field on forms called
request_type for action dispatching. The proxy web part remaps the names
of form fields, adding a unique prefix for each web part. But there's a
bug for hidden form fields - the prefix isn't added, so on POST these
request parameters are not converted to WSRP and sent to WSRP4J.

We're currently fixing the web part. JSF portlets also have similar
problems, probably because of hidden fields and Javascript not being
rewritten properly on the client side - maybe the fix will work for JSF
portlets too.

Paul.