From "Spies, Brennan" <Brennan.Sp...@ejgallo.com>
Subject Advice needed
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:25:24 GMT
All,

My company is moving to Microsoft Sharepoint 2007 as its main portal product.
This presents somewhat of an integration challenge, since most of our
applications are now based on WebSphere 6.1 (the standard version, not
Portal). We've identified the best solution as being WS-RP, since Sharepoint
can consume these.

At first blush, the WebSphere add-on from IBM (was.wsrp.producer.ear) seemed
to be the best solution. However, when I deployed this file to our server, I
was unable to get a simple "Hello World" portlet to be exposed as a service.
The was.wsrp.producer.ear works just fine, I can ping the web service
operations just fine, I just get don't get any <offeredPortlets> back from
the getServiceDescriptionResponse (and Sharepoint can't see any, either). The
problem seems to boil down to the fact that the appropriate MBeans are not
getting created by WebSphere ("type=PortletApplication").

So the question is, can I do this with WSRP4J (which seems to be a similar
code base)?

What is the mechanism used here to auto-discover portlets and expose them?

Is the project useable at this stage of development?

Any help I could get on doing it either way (sans reverse engineering) would
be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Brennan Spies

Sr. Programmer Analyst