From Manish Gupta <manish_gupt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Concerns about WSRP
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:04:43 GMT

From: Ridwan Habbal <ridwanhabbal@hotmail.com>
Subject: Concerns about WSRP
To: wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org
Date: Sunday, August 10, 2008, 5:25 AM

#yiv973760219 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv973760219 {
FONT-SIZE:10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma;}

Hi,  I'm new to WSRP. The purpose made me interested in WSRP is that i am developing a portlet
that will get deployed on WebSphere portal server. Since the license of WebSphere portal is
expensive i would try to deploy the portlet on a cheap or maybe free web application, and
then expose my portlet as WSRP for my WebSphere portal server. That way the logic that consume
recourses would not be on WebSphere portal that has an expensive license.I would like some
one to confirm these tiny questions before i spend much time on doing it.  Based on my reading
so far it seems that i do need portals on both sides, Producer, as well as Consumer! is that
right? WSRP producer and WSRP consumer seems to be built-in in portals. so I wonder if i can
deploy my portlet on say tomcat, and that tomcat has producer, so i can publish my portlet
as WSRP using that producer. since WSRP is a webservice, so if i have to use portals on both
sides, i can deploy my portlet on say
 Gridsphere using tomcat and then publish it as WSRP and then consume it from the WebSphere
portal server. It seems that the portal server that hosts the portlet should also be exposed
for end-user interactions since WSRP only manage markup fragments (html my case), but usually
downloads and not done throw portal!  Could u please answer my 4 concerns i mentioned above?
thanks in advanceRidwan

Get Windows Live and get whatever you need, wherever you are. Start here.