From Ridwan Habbal <ridwanhab...@hotmail.com>
Subject Concerns about WSRP
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 12:25:41 GMT

Hi,  I'm new to WSRP. The purpose made me interested in WSRP is that i am developing a portlet
that will get deployed on WebSphere portal server. Since the license of WebSphere portal is
expensive i would try to deploy the portlet on a cheap or maybe free web application, and
then expose my portlet as WSRP for my WebSphere portal server. That way the logic that consume
recourses would not be on WebSphere portal that has an expensive license.I would like some
one to confirm these tiny questions before i spend much time on doing it.  Based on my reading
so far it seems that i do need portals on both sides, Producer, as well as Consumer! is that
right? WSRP producer and WSRP consumer seems to be built-in in portals. so I wonder if i can
deploy my portlet on say tomcat, and that tomcat has producer, so i can publish my portlet
as WSRP using that producer. since WSRP is a webservice, so if i have to use portals on both
sides, i can deploy my portlet on say Gridsphere using tomcat and then publish it as WSRP
and then consume it from the WebSphere portal server. It seems that the portal server that
hosts the portlet should also be exposed for end-user interactions since WSRP only manage
markup fragments (html my case), but usually downloads and not done throw portal!  Could u
please answer my 4 concerns i mentioned above? thanks in advanceRidwan
Get Windows Live and get whatever you need, wherever you are.  Start here.
http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home_082008