From "Ian O' Keeffe" <okeeffe....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compile from SVN trunk Test failure
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:46:49 GMT
Hi Brennan,

You are correct!

I had originally read that forum thread but had dismissed it. When looking
at the list of jars I didn't notice that spring-aop.jar was missing. Whoops!

After adding spring-aop to the list of dependencies for wsrp4j-persistence I
was able to get rid of the schema error.

For the record I will go through some of the further steps that I have taken
in attempting to get the latest wsrp4j-producer-webapp to load.

Next I discovered that wsrp4j-persistence-db and wsrp4j-persistence-xml jars
were not being added to the wsrp4j-producer-webapp war. This caused more
ClassNotFound exceptions in the logs. After adding these jars to the webapp
I then discovered that the spring-jdbc jar was not being added to the
wsrp4j-producer-webapp either. Looking at the pom.xml for
wsrp4j-persistence-db I can see that spring-jdbc is only listed as a compile
time dependency. Next I manually added spring-jdbc.jar to my webapp.

My current status is that I still can't get wsrp4j-producer webapp to load.
The error that I'm currently getting (see below) is relating to the the
constructor of the ProducerDao class. In my mind this is probably also
related to a missing jar or jars that are from slightly different versions
of spring.

Ian

 SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
with name 'producerDao': Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate
bean class [org.apache.wsrp4j.persistence.db.ProducerDao]: No default
constructor found; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.wsrp4j.persistence.db.ProducerDao.<init>()
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:881)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:837)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:220)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3763)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4211)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:608)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:535)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:470)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not
instantiate bean class [org.apache.wsrp4j.persistence.db.ProducerDao]: No
default constructor found; nested exception is
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.wsrp4j.persistence.db.ProducerDao.<init>()
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:58)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:875)
        ... 40 more