pulsar-users mailing list archives

From "Apache Pulsar Slack" <apache.pulsar.sl...@gmail.com>
Subject Slack digest for #general - 2019-01-28
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2019 09:11:02 GMT
2019-01-28 01:26:28 UTC - Jeroen Soeters: @Jeroen Soeters has joined the channel
----
2019-01-28 07:38:05 UTC - dba: @Grant Wu C++ has a standard, hence there is a thing called
"Standard C++" and if you stick to that, you will be able to write cross platform code. I
was a C++ developer for years (wrote for both Windows and FreeBSD), but have switched to C#.
From my knowledge of what is in the C++ Standard today and what the Pulsar client does, I
can't see any reason why it can't be solved in 100% Standard C++ and therefore my assumption
that supporting Windows would be a small thing.
@Matteo Merli Sounds great! Boost and CMake is no problem :slightly_smiling_face: Would you
be willing to find out if you could support it officially?
----
2019-01-28 08:15:39 UTC - David Tinker: Is there a way to use the Pulsar command line tools
to delete all messages for a topic? It doesn't have any subscriptions yet and from what I
can tell the tools that do this operate on a subscription. I need to get rid of the old junk
before starting the service that consumes the topic. Tx.
----
2019-01-28 08:24:13 UTC - jia zhai: @David Tinker is this command work-able?
`$ pulsar-admin persistent delete <persistent://test-tenant/ns1/tp1> `
It first need there’s not any active subscription or producers connected to it.
----
2019-01-28 08:38:18 UTC - David Tinker: Tx. I should be able to stop the producers for a bit
to do that.
----
2019-01-28 08:39:55 UTC - David Tinker: What happens if I use the "--force" flag? Is that
a bad idea? Will my producers (using Java client) just re-connect?
----
2019-01-28 08:44:45 UTC - David Tinker: I asked this on serverfault. @jia zhai you can answer
there as well so the next person will be able to Google this. <https://serverfault.com/questions/951078/how-can-i-delete-all-messages-from-an-apache-pulsar-topic>
----