qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Minor modification to python client
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:53:40 GMT
Yup I knew the cleanup stuff was a bit dodgy. How does this sound:

TestBase: add these functions:

assertChannelOpen(chan): fail if chan is closed or has an exception.
assertChannelClean(chan): fail if channel has exceptions
openChannel(id): return channel, add it to self.channelsUsed

In unit tests:
 1. Call openChannel rather than using client directly.
 2. After nowait ops call assertChannelOpen (*)

In tearDown:
 1. for ch in self.channelsUsed: close, note any exceptions
 2. Open new channel to clean up qs and exs. note any exceptions
 3. Close that channel
 4. If any exceptions noted above, fail the test.

I'll implement that today unless anyone has better ideas.

Cheers,
Alan.