qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r480 - C++ notes.
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 20:12:41 GMT

A couple of further notes on my commit:

I will convert remaining C++ tests to CppUnit and put a better
framework in place for running multiple tests - reorganize as a single
test runner exe and a collection of tests plugins. If you're writing
tests meantime you can copy QueueRegistryTest and propagate the
multiple-exe approach till I get this done.

I'll put up some wiki pages explaining the patterns mentioned:
internal locking, scoped lockers and shared_ptr, I'll mail the list when
its done.

The linker is horribly slow on my machine (>2m per exe)  I'm not sure
but I suspect my commit has made it worse. I'll look into it but I'd
_really_ appreciate any ideas. I've found some google evidence that
others have had speed problems with the gcc 4.1.1 linker but no answers
yet.

Cheers,
Alan.