qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Wiki Change list [was Re: Re: wiki vote]
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:00:26 GMT
+1 for NOT mailing wiki changes to a list.
+-0 for -commit or -wiki if its mandatory
-lots for using -dev list.

MoinMoin already provides both RSS and email notification for people who
want it, and with considerably better control over what you want to see
than a mailing list.

Cheers,
Alan.

On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 09:10 +0100, Martin Ritchie wrote:
> Do we have to stick to -dev and -commits could we not have a -wiki or is
> that just going over the top?
>
> I guess the emails will have suitable subject string or from address that
> can be used to filter the mail. For all the lucky people that have decent
> mail clients.
> As long as that is the case then I have no strong preference.
>
> --
> Martin
>

> "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschmidt@gmail.com>
> 2006-09-07 23:43
> Please respond to qpid-dev
>
>         To:     qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org, cctrieloff@redhat.com
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: Re: wiki vote
>

> Sure -- I can do this (and I'll point to what I did afterwards).
>
> But first, where would you all like the diffs to go when someone makes
> a non-insignificant change/addition to a wiki page?  to the -dev list
> or the -commits list?
>
> If you want to make this list really just be discussion and are afraid
> of lots of wiki updates being noisy, we could put it on -commits.  But
> if you think the wiki updates *are* the conversation and that people
> who don't want to monitor code changes might want to follow wiki
> updates, then we could have it go to -dev.
>
> Personally, I would go for -commits, but I think either choice is
> reasonable.
>
> Any strong preferences out there?
>
> Cliff
>
> On 9/7/06, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Cliff, I have been off-line but it looks like MoinMoin is the desired
> > chose. There is
> > Confluence content but I think lets just go MoinMoin and we work out
> > what is needed
> > to convert the content.
> >
> > Can you do the required to get it set up.
> >
> > Carl.
> >
> > Alan Conway wrote:
> > > There appears to be consensus for moinmoin - what's the next step? I
> > > have some stuff I'd like to write up.

> if
> that

> prevent

> you
> on

> see

> running
> put

Cliff,

> Confluence
ASF
> http://wiki.apache.org
> former
> Confluence.

> This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer
or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation
of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to
completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements
made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries
and affiliates.

> This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged,
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information
contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission
and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect
any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase
& Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising
in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact
the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Thank you.